Our New Egg Donation Programme
Egg Donation Treatment at ReproMed is entirely compliant with the new legislation (Children & Family Relationships Act 2015) which comes into effect at the start of May.
It is an identifiable programme which means that the donors have consented to be contactable by their biological offspring resulting from this programme, when their child reaches the age of 18.
The programme is managed in partnership with one of the fertility clinics within ReproMed’s wider fertility group. Ovumia Fertinova in Finland are working with us to provide their excellent service here so that ReproMed’s patients can access their Egg Donor Programme without having to travel abroad or endure long waiting lists before treatment.
The donors are Finnish residents aged between 20-35 years of age, who have chosen to donate eggs altruistically to help other women conceive, have a successful pregnancy and deliver a healthy baby. They are all screened according to Finnish legislation and to the standards of the EU Tissues and Cells Directive. They have had extensive blood testing carried out including genetic testing and all donors are required to meet with Ovumia Fertinova’s onsite psychologist to ensure that they are fully aware of all the implications that may arise from their donation and are entirely comfortable with their decision to donate. They are extremely well cared-for receiving comprehensive support before during and after their procedure. Their decision to donate is altruistic and not commercial, although they do receive a modest reimbursement to cover their expenses incurred.
Steps to Pregnancy:
There are a number of different aspects to the Egg Donation Programme but because we have a dedicated Egg Donation Coordinator, we can keep it as simple as possible for you
- Complete ReproMed’s Patient Registration Form & attend for your Initial Consultation
- Complete a brief form to help us select the most suitable donor for you
- Your partner will attend to freeze sperm for shipment (if applicable) and you both will sign consents
- We arrange all the logistics with our partner clinic (shipping of sperm, donor treatment, repatriation of embryos)
- You attend for a nurse consultation and we prepare you for Embryo Transfer
- Finally, you will come to us for your Embryo Transfer and for your pregnancy tests a couple of weeks later.
The cost of our Egg Donation Programme is €8500
- Sperm Freeze & Shipment (if using partner sperm)
- Donor selection, egg retrieval, ICSI, freezing of embryos
- Repatriation/ return shipping of embryos
- Egg Donation Coordination
- Nurse Consultation
- Ultrasound Scans during treatment
- Embryo Transfer Procedure (one)
- Pregnancy Blood Test (one)
- Early Pregnancy Scan (one)
- Post-treatment review (if required)
- Storage of Embryos for the first year
We also have a Guarantee Programme which promises at least one good quality blastocyst for transfer or a repeated cycle free of charge. Suitability for the Guarantee Programme is based on certain sperm quality parameters.